DeWalt Tools Weed Wacker 20 Volt MAX Review
Most of us don’t really like the idea of spending hours in our yards, clearing out weeds. Even with the right tools, the job can still be pretty tedious. That is, it used to be. Now, you can get it done pretty quickly when you are using the DeWalt DCST920P1 brushless string trimmer. This is the tool you need to get rid of those weeds in short order, so you can get back to enjoying your yard instead of working in it.
And, you can do it without hurting the environment when you use a tool that has a gas and oil powered mower. This is not only going to make your own environment look great, but it is also great for the environment in general.
No fumes - While a lot of people love the convenience of a gas-powered trimmer because there are no cords to fuss with, there is an environmental impact to worry about. These trimmers emit a lot of smoke and fumes, which go into the air.
This is not the case with the DCST920P1. This trimmer is battery powered, so you don’t have to worry about leaving any type of carbon footprint when you use it. The only downside is that battery powered units don’t always have as much power as their gas powered or corded counterparts.
This trimmer from DeWalt is going to change the way you think about trimming your lawn and garden. Because there is no cord to worry about, you will enjoy loads of maneuverability. Not only is it easier to move around, the lack of a cord means that it is also going to be lighter for you to carry around, eliminating a lot of back pain later on.
Other features include:
- More torque - This is a well-balanced trimmer that has a lot more torque than most, but still works fast. It actually has a variable speed trigger, so you can control the speed to make sure that you get precise cuts in all parts of your yard. It is also lightweight, weighing only 8.5 pounds, making it even easier to use.
- Dual line - This trimmer offers a dual line. This lets you be sure that any bump feeds will be cleared up to 13”. You can cut a pretty wide path without having to go over it again and again. Once is enough for each pass, so you can get the work done quicker than ever and have a terrific looking lawn and garden.
- Brushless motor - The brushless motor has a patented gear, and ensures that you can get rid of even the toughest weeds and grass. It is designed to let you work quickly, even when you are working in those thick patches that other trimmers just can’t seem to handle.
- Dual line bump feed - You can be sure that you will have complete control over this trimmer, thanks to the dual line bump feed. This ensures that you are not going to end up using a lot more string than necessary, which is going to save you money because you won’t need to buy as much replacement line.
- Variable trigger - This trimmer boasts a variable trigger with 2-speed control. This lets you not only use this trimmer for extended time periods, but you can also have total control when you need more power in some areas and less in others. This is going to make your lawn trimming work a lot easier and faster.
- Battery - One of the coolest features about the DCST920P1 is the battery—a Li-ion 20V battery from the DeWalt line. It is compatible with other DeWalt tools, so it is interchangeable and you don’t have to buy extra batteries. Also, it is easy to replace when you do finally need to get a new battery.
- Visibility - There is a small guard that makes it a lot easier to see where you are cutting. This way, you don’t end up cutting something that you didn’t necessarily want to cut, such as flowers and small shrubs.
- Balance - A lot of weed whackers aren’t well-balanced, making them difficult to hold and use. Customers have reported that this trimmer is very well-balanced, and they don’t tire out as quickly as they would using other trimmers.
- Easy to start - If you choose to get a gas-powered trimmer, you can expect it to take a bit of effort to get it started. This battery-powered trimmer takes only minimal effort to start. All you have to do is press a button, and it is ready to use.
- Comfortable grip - This trimmer has a padded grip which makes the unit a lot more comfortable to hang onto. You don’t have to worry about ending up with your hands covered in blisters, and there is no strain on your hands.
- Battery life - It has been noted that there isn’t a lot of battery life as it tends to drain quickly; so, if you have a large yard, this may not be the best option for you if you want to be able to get it all done in one session.
- Fixed head - Edging can be difficult with this trimmer, because it has a fixed head. Some users say they would prefer it if this trimmer had a swivel head which is easier to get into tight spaces.
If you want a weed trimmer that is easy to use and doesn’t have a cord to get tangled up in, this may be an option for you to consider. It is loaded with great features, and it is comfortable to use, being lightweight and having a padded grip. It may not be the greatest for heavier jobs, but when you need to get rid of thinner patches of weeds and tall grass, this is a great tool to have on hand.
Last update on 2018-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API