Often referred to as a lithium coin, CR2032s are a kind of button cell. Possibly one of the most common types of batteries, they are small and in the shape of a cylinder. You’ve seen these in portable battery-operated devices pretty much everywhere. It’s easy to find them. But if you want to figure out which one is the best, we have a few options.
Our Top Choices
Sometimes it is the simplest category of products that are the toughest to buy. Give it some thought and at some point, you realize that they all look the same. So, we did a bit of a deep dive into the best CR2032 batteries in the market. Take a look.
In a hurry? Here’s our top picks;
And if you want to know more about the battery itself, there is a buyer’s guide under our top choices.
First on our list is a pack of four CR2032 batteries from the very reliable battery manufacturer Duracell.
This is a set of lithium batteries that are made especially to last a long time for specialty devices. These lithium coin cells are high purity and they have child-resistant packaging with double blisters which is a bonus. You just cannot open it without a pair of scissors.
You can use this lithium coin cell in remotes, scales, sensors, and keyfobs. But they are particularly great for medical devices like thermometers and glucometers.
These Duracell batteries are also an excellent fit for sports devices from bike accessories to heart rate monitors.
- Model: 26854506-MDS
- Package Dimensions: 11.3 x 9.5 x 0.41 cm
- Weight: 18 grams
- Voltage: 3 volts
- Battery Cell Composition: Lithium
- Great money saver pack
- Last a long time as promised
- Could not find any
This is another great set of batteries from Panasonic. These are high-energy cr2032 batteries with a combination of lithium and manganese dioxide that are compact and reliable.
You can use them for a variety of devices and they are great for travel too, considering they work great in a range of temperatures. But this is not a heavy-duty version so use them for small devices like calculators, toys and wristwatches.
You can expand their use to everyday fitness devices and some medical equipment too. These batteries have a long shelf life of 10 years at 90 percent of their original capacity.
The composition of this battery makes them very stable while retaining a high voltage.
- EAN: 0784922168320, 5060220850040, 5341289546212
- Item Dimensions: 0.79 x 0.79 x 0.13 inches (LxWxH)
- Operating Temperature: -22 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit
- Item Weight: 0.317 ounces
- National Stock Number: 6135-01-506-0759
- Number of Items: 4
- Model Number: CR2032
- UNSPSC Code: 26111700
- Nominal Voltage: 3 volts
- Wattage: 0.24 watts
- Has very many applications from digital watches to clinical thermometers.
- Its ultra-compact and is as good as 2-3 traditional batteries.
- Has been tested multiple times for performance and safety.
- Takes environmental factors like temperature into consideration.
- Long-lasting, reliable performance..
- Some customers have complained about sketchy packaging
- There have been incidents of delivery mix ups where customers received the wrong product.
Our third choice is a pack of four cr2032 lithium coin batteries from Amazon Basics. This is the new kid around the block but it comes with an impressive range.
They can last for about eight years and work just fine for small electronic devices like watches, keyfobs, and calculators. These coin cell batteries are a great replacement for the BR2032, DL2032, and ECR2032 models.
The battery is engraved so that it is easy for you to identify it. Its power is as good as the previous two options and it performs reliably. What’s more? Amazon gives you a one-year limited warranty and tells you how to recycle them too.
- Voltage: 3 volts
- Compatible Devices: Remotes calculators and watches
- Item Dimensions: 0.78 x 0.78 x 0.1 inches (LxWxH)
- Reusability: Single use
- Weight: 0.1 ounces
- ASIN: B0787K2XWZ
- Multi-battery saver pack
- Compact size
- Powerful and great for small electronics
- Good with extreme temperatures
- Some customers complained that the batteries died long before they were supposed to.
And finally, we got the Energizer bunny running towards you. This is a pack of six cr2032 lithium coin batteries that are meant to last long and be your dependable companion.
These high-quality batteries have some serious life in them and are great for specialty devices like glucose monitors, heart rate monitors, remotes, games, and toys.
They have a shelf life of 10 years when kept in storage but promise to stay powerful when you do get them out. Plus, they work really great in extreme temperatures as high as 140 degrees.
- Power: 3 volts
- Battery Weight: 2.3 grams
- Item Dimensions: 0.2 x 3.69 x 4.25 inches (LxWxH)
- Reusability: Single-use
- Type: cr2032 3v lithium
- Replacement For: L14, DL2032, SB-T15, and 5004LC
- Temperature Range: -22 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Quality products with a great shelf life
- Last a really long time even in storage
- Comes in many sizes
- Good for critical care devices
- Some customers complained that they received fake products (check the seller’s rating before making a purchase; change the seller if needed).
- Some said the product did not look like its picture on Amazon.
The Best CR2032 Battery: A Buyer’s Guide
There are a lot of things we don’t know about many products we use on a daily basis. Unsurprisingly, batteries are one such category of things that we use a lot but don’t really think about. If you’ve decided to sit down and learn about these little miracle workers, here’s a primer.
What Is a Lithium CR2032 Battery?
As mentioned right in the beginning, CR2032s are button cell batteries. They are also called lithium coin cell batteries and are typically used to power small electronics.
They are cylindrical in shape and the upper part is almost always an insulator. There is a positive terminal on one side and a negative one on the other side and they are both marked and made of metal.
These batteries come in many size packs and are good for devices that need more power than what a zinc-air battery can provide. Some of these button cells are rechargeable but you must clarify that in the specifications of the model you’re about to buy.
What is The Shelf life of a CR2032 Battery?
If you are figuring this out with a battery in your hand, the best thing to do is to look up the specifications of that model on the internet. But if you want an estimate for a CR2032 battery, you must look up the total charge and divide it by current consumption (which depends on the device you insert it in).
You can use a battery tester for small batteries to check the condition of your cr2032 lithium battery. Make sure the total charge is calculated in milliamps. Also be sure to store your batteries in a suitable battery storage case.
What Devices Use CR2032 Batteries?
CR2032 batteries can be used for a wide range of small electronic devices that fill every household around the globe. From keyfobs for cars to wireless doorbells, the 3v lithium battery low self discharge battery has a wide range of applications. Here are a few of them.
- Digital thermometers
- Heart rate monitors
- CMOS battery in computers.
- Digital altimeter
- Banking card readers
- Key fobs
The list really does go on.
These little button cells are extremely useful because of their immense power supply and their stability. They are compact and can be stored for years at a stretch without damage. Whether you want back up for portable devices or an extra while you’re out camping, this is an excellent choice.
Last update on 2023-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API