Black and Decker LST136W Review — 40V MAX Lithium Ion String Trimmer
We all know that there are some brand names that stand head and shoulders above the rest, and we all know that Black & Decker is one of those brand names. This is a brand that is famous for quality power tools, and they have a variety of string trimmers that are ideal for any weed job you need to tackle.
Take the LST136W for instance. This is one of the best choices for your lawn care needs, and it is loaded with features that make it one heck of a great value. Whether you have a large or a small space, you are going to be able to get the job done with ease, every time.
Low in price, high in value
It is not uncommon to walk into a store and find trimmers that can cost upwards of $200, and they don’t offer nearly the same benefits as this trimmer, which you can buy for significantly less. Don’t think that because it is cheaper that it isn’t going to hold up to everything that you throw at it.
This is a low-cost trimmer that has plenty of power, and it is durable enough to stand up to regular wear and tear. If you are on a budget but you need a good weed whacker, this is definitely a great option to consider.
Features of the Black+Decker LST136W 40v Max Lithium String Trimmer
A lot of string trimmers don’t have enough power to cut through the really thick stuff. This trimmer has a PowerDrive Transmission. This is going to give you plenty of power, even if you have a jungle of weeds to cut through. This is just one of many great features that the LST136W has to offer.
Other features include:
Battery Life of This LST136W Black and Decker Weed Wacker
The 40V MAX lithium battery will ensure that you can get the whole yard done without having to recharge. If you have a large lawn, this is definitely a feature you need in a trimmer; if you have a smaller lawn, you might even find that you can trim weeds two or three times before you need to recharge.
How Much Power Does This Weed Eater Have?
The LST136W lets you have just the right amount of power for any job, even if you are going to be working for extended periods of time. The PowerCommand dial lets you toggle back and forth between maximum power and maximum run time. You can crank up the power for the tough jobs, or keep the power lower and have loads of running time so you can get more done.
This trimmer has an automatic feed spool that lets you work for longer periods of time with no bumping. You won’t have to worry about pulling out the string, and just the right amount will automatically be fed as you need it. This is another feature that lets you get more done in less time.
This is a 13” trimmer, so you get more than a foot of trimming space as you move along. This is going to allow you to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time, so you can spend less time working in your yard and more time enjoying it. When you need to cut a narrow path, this is the ideal tool for the job.
Weed Eater Edger Combo
One of the best features about this machine is that it can be used as both a trimmer and as an edger. This isn’t a feature that you will find in other models that are a lot more expensive. Simply turn the shaft to switch from trimmer to edger, and enjoy two tools for the price of one.
Pros and Cons of The LST136W Black and Decker Battery Weed Eater
There are loads of great things to be said about the Black & Decker LST136W weed trimmer, but there are also a few things that some customers don’t like. Before you go out and make a purchase, take a look at both the positives and the negatives of this trimmer.
- Trim around edges - A lot of trimmers are great for getting rid of weeds in open spaces, but they are practically useless when it comes to trimming around edges. Not this trimmer, because it easily converts from a trimmer to an edger that can be used along hard surfaces.
- Extended use - The other Black & Decker tools gives you plenty of power and runtime. What we really love is that you can switch batteries with other Black & Decker tools that are in this system. This means that you don’t have to go out and spend a lot of money on extra batteries. Simply use the ones from your other tools.
- Easy to use - This is considered a light-duty trimmer, but it can tackle some of the heavier weed-trimming jobs. It is lightweight, making it easy to use, and it is also very easy to maneuver. It makes precise cuts, so you end up with a great looking lawn.
- Shaft - Some users report that they do not like the curved shaft on the LST136W. They find that it is a bit difficult to maneuver, which is not a good selling point for a trimmer. But, others like the curved shaft. It really is just a matter of preference.
- String - Some customers have problems with the string, reporting that it jams when it gets to thicker weeds. Others say that the string easily falls out, and can be a pain to put back into the trimmer.
Conclusion of the Black n Decker
40v Weed Eater
If you need a new weed trimmer that can also be used as an edger, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, the Black & Decker LST136W is a good option to consider. It is lightweight and easy to maneuver, and the batteries can be swapped with other Black & Decker tools so you save even more money. It also comes with 3 spare spools of 0.065 inch trimmer line.
Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by ToolBoss
Last update on 2021-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API